Purple Newsletter, Issue 10 (2010, in Turkish)
“Purple Newsletter” is the periodical of the Human Rights Education Program for Women (HREP) solidarity network. The newsletter that shares the experiences and real life stories of HREP trainers and participants also includes news from the women’s movement in Turkey and across the world. While many of the contributors give accounts of how HREP has transformed their daily lives, women who have founded organizations following the training provide news on their advocacy work. The newsletter has become a platform that encourages new HREP groups as well as the foundation of new and independent women’s initiatives. HREP solidarity network brought closer with the newsletter also partakes in nationwide campaigns of the women’s movement.
Some headlines from the new issue:
* A succesful partnership led to 700+ plus women partaking in the Human Rights Program for Women (HREP)
* Activism notes from the CSW meeting in New York...
* The first HREP group in Soke, Izmir received their certificates
* The first HREP group took place at the Women′s Coordination Centre of the Istanbul Municipality
* News from Yozgat Working Women′s Solidarity Association
* Women from Konak, Izmir can′t get enough of HREP and have opened their 4th group!
* Women′s Research Centre in Science, Engineering and Technology has opened at Istanbul Technical University (ITU)
* The first "Women′s Museum" in Turkey to open
* Constitutional change and women: “Affirmative Action" is not enough, women want concrete changes.